Misogyny And Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct
Trump has a history of insulting and belittling women when speaking to media and on social media. He made lewd comments, demeaned womens looks, and called them names, such as dog, crazed, crying lowlife, face of a pig, or horseface.
In October 2016, two days before the second presidential debate, a 2005 hot mic recording surfaced in which Trump is heard bragging about kissing and groping women without their consent, saying when youre a star, they let you do it, you can do anything grab em by the . The incidents widespread media exposure led to Trumps first public apology during the campaign and caused outrage across the political spectrum.
At least twenty-six women, including his first wife, have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct. There were allegations of rape, violence, being kissed and groped without consent, looking under womens skirts, and walking in on naked pageant contestants. In 2016, he denied all accusations, calling them false smears and alleging a conspiracy against him and the American people.
Hes Tough On China And Has Improved Our Trade Deals
China has been eating our lunch for decades. But no more! Donald Trump is the only president in modern history to really stand up to Communist China. Hes also improved trade deals across the board. His business experience made him a tough negotiator, and after years of being on the losing end of the deals, we finally have a president who puts America first.
Ending The Mortgage Interest Deduction
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which President Donald Trump signed in December 2017, significantly reduced the importance of the mortgage interest deduction for owner-occupied housing an overdue change that makes the tax system more efficient and equitable.
In general, taxpayers choose to take a standard deduction or to itemize various expenses. Mortgage interest, which constitutes a substantial part of many homeowners monthly housing payments, is among those deductible expenses. But the 2017 law substantially raised the standard deduction, decreasing the incentive to itemize: The of homeowners taking the mortgage interest deduction promptly tumbled from 21 percent in 2017 to 9 percent in 2018.
The deduction has essentially served as a subsidy for the upper middle class that encourages people to buy overly large homes, driving up housing prices. Its defended on the grounds that it encourages homeownership, but numerous studies suggest that it doesnt partly because first-time homeowners often either dont itemize or are in low tax brackets.
Once seen as a middle-class birthright, the deduction is now largely the province of the rich: In 2018, nearly 80 percent of the benefit went to households earning in the top 20 percent. Eliminating the deduction entirely and perhaps creating a tax credit for first-time home buyers is the next logical reform. But Trump oversaw a good first step.
You May Like: Where Does Trump Have Hotels
Investing In Americas Workers And Families
Affordable and high-quality Child Care for American workers and their families.
- Doubled the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000 per child and expanded the eligibility for receiving the credit.
- Nearly 40 million families benefitted from the child tax credit , receiving an average benefit of $2,200 totaling credits of approximately $88 billion.
- Signed the largest-ever increase in Child Care and Development Block Grants expanding access to quality, affordable child care for more than 800,000 low-income families.
- Secured an additional $3.5 billion in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act to help families and first responders with child care needs.
- Signed into law 12-weeks of paid parental leave for Federal workers.
- Signed into law a provision that enables new parents to withdraw up to $5,000 from their retirement accounts without penalty when they give birth to or adopt a child.
Advanced apprenticeship career pathways to good-paying jobs.
- Expanded apprenticeships to more than 850,000 and established the new Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship programs in new and emerging fields.
- Established the National Council for the American Worker and the American Workforce Policy Advisory Board.
- Over 460 companies have signed the Pledge to Americas Workers, committing to provide more than 16 million job and training opportunities.
- Signed an executive order that directs the Federal government to replace outdated degree-based hiring with skills-based hiring.
Why Donald Trump Is Republicans Worst Nightmare In 2024
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Earlier this week, amid a rambling attack on the validity of the 2020 election, former President Donald Trump said this: Interesting that today a poll came out indicating Im far in the lead for the Republican Presidential Primary and the General Election in 2024.
Trump is confiding in allies that he intends to run again in 2024 with one contingency: that he still has a good bill of health, according to two sources close to the former president. That means Trump is going to hang over the Republican Party despite its attempts to rebrand during his exile and its blockade of a Trump-centric investigation into Januarys insurrection.Manhattan prosecutors pursuing a criminal case against former President Donald Trump, his company and its executives have told at least one witness to prepare for grand jury testimony, according to a person familiar with the matter a signal that the lengthy investigation is moving into an advanced stage.
Don’t Miss: What Has Trump Done For Our Country
Cherishing Life And Religious Liberty
Steadfastly supported the sanctity of every human life and worked tirelessly to prevent government funding of abortion.
- Reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, ensuring that taxpayer money is not used to fund abortion globally.
- Issued a rule preventing Title X taxpayer funding from subsiding the abortion industry.
- Supported legislation to end late-term abortions.
- Cut all funding to the United Nations population fund due to the funds support for coercive abortion and forced sterilization.
- Signed legislation overturning the previous administrations regulation that prohibited states from defunding abortion facilities as part of their family planning programs.
- Fully enforced the requirement that taxpayer dollars do not support abortion coverage in Obamacare exchange plans.
- Stopped the Federal funding of fetal tissue research.
- Worked to protect healthcare entities and individuals conscience rights ensuring that no medical professional is forced to participate in an abortion in violation of their beliefs.
- Issued an executive order reinforcing requirement that all hospitals in the United States provide medical treatment or an emergency transfer for infants who are in need of emergency medical careregardless of prematurity or disability.
- Led a coalition of countries to sign the Geneva Consensus Declaration, declaring that there is no international right to abortion and committing to protecting womens health.
- First president in history to attend the March for Life.
Donald Trump Is 45th President Of The Usa And He Is The Current President Too 5 Reasons Are Mentioned Why Donald Trump Is Best Choice For Usa
Do you ever think thatDonald Trump doesnt have the potential to do well in office? Think again if you can. Well, he does have a tendency to open his mouth without thinking twice and has embarrassed himself on certain occasions, still, he might be the best to take some head strong decisions for the country when needed. He is the one person who would never put the honour of the States in harms way, whatever the situations may be.
Here are some of the reasons why Trump is the best choice for the United States.
Also Check: How Much Is Trump Worth
‘putting Democracy To The Test’
Kathryn Brownell is a history professor at Purdue University, focusing on the relationships between media, politics, and popular culture, with an emphasis on the American presidency.
What’s Trump’s key legacy?
Broadly speaking: Donald Trump, and his enablers in the Republican Party and conservative media, have put American democracy to the test in an unprecedented way. As a historian who studies the intersection of media and the presidency, it is truly striking the ways in which he has convinced millions of people that his fabricated version of events is true.
What happened on 6 January at the US Capitol is a culmination of over four years during which President Trump actively advanced misinformation.
Just as Watergate and the impeachment inquiry dominated historical interpretations of Richard Nixon’s legacy for decades, I do think that this particular post-election moment will be at the forefront of historical assessments of his presidency.
What else stands out to you?
Kellyanne Conway’s first introduction of the notion of “alternative facts” just days into the Trump administration when disputing the size of the inaugural crowds between Trump and Barack Obama.
Trump harnessed the power of social media and blurred the lines between entertainment and politics in ways that allowed him to bypass critics and connect directly to his supporters in an unfiltered way.
President Trump Speaks Candidly
For far too long, the American people have been forced to deal with smooth-talking, scripted and rehearsed politicians. However, Trump does not fall into these categories. He addresses matters as they are and is not afraid to fight back when attacked. Moreover, the presidents effective manners of communications allow him to connect with Americans.
Throughout the 2016 election and Trumps presidency, his critics have slammed his use of Twitter. In recent months, anti-Trump individuals have even for Twitter to suspend the presidents accounts Twitter has declined to honor these requests.
Nevertheless, Trumps tweets allow Americans to hear directly from him without the filters of the mainstream media. As technology becomes more and more dominant in the modern world, our leaders must also learn to adapt the president is already way ahead of the game.
Don’t Miss: What Are Trump’s Approval Ratings Right Now
Trumps Foreign Policy Moments
Donald J. Trumps presidency marked a profound departure from U.S. leadership in areas such as trade and diplomacy, as well as an across-the-board toughening of immigration policies.
In his inaugural address, President Donald J. Trump announces an America First approach to foreign policy and trade, which centers on reducing U.S. trade deficits and rebalancing burden sharing within alliances. Trump promises to unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism and emphasizes that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first.
Trump directs the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative to withdraw the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a twelve-country, Asia-focused trade agreement the United States had championed under the Barack Obama administration.
The president signs an executive order banning nationals of six Muslim-majority countries from traveling to the United States for ninety days. The order, later amended to include an additional two countries, also indefinitely freezes refugee intake from Syria. Days later, a federal judge in Washington State blocks part of the order, beginning a series of judicial challenges. That same week, Trump signs two other executive orders concerning immigration. One directs federal funds to the construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, and the other bars so-called sanctuary cities from receiving federal grants.
He Agitates African Americans And People Of Colour
Trump is no fan of Black America. In fact, Trump has repeatedly shown that Black Lives DO NOT Matter to him. Check his response to the Central Park 5 case and his work on the Birther movement. Because he believed he did not need the Black voice to win the election, I suspect he thinks African Americans are irrelevant, hence his decision not to meet with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People at their national convention.
Perhaps its time for Black America, people of colour and other disenfranchised groups to look elsewhere, maybe internally, to move our agendas. His response to Charlottesville should make his racial politics very clear. My hope is that having a White Supremacist sympathiser in the White House will produce a strong, creative and effective counter-response and a new list of leaders ready for serious long-term action.
Recommended Reading: Who Is President Trump’s Speechwriter
Dreams Do Come True With The Solution
From the upper echelons of the scientific establishment comes a completely new definition of reality and the human being. The most advanced physics in the world tells us that accumulated knowledge in all fields is based on a false premise.
As a result, all curriculum from grade school to university will need to be entirely overhauled. The end result will be a complete and total reversal of focus that will bring about a new human with entirely new and superior ways of achieving goals and solving problems. But we cannot do that while the myths we live be prevent each of us from achieving our goals.
The secret to creating the life you want is in the solution. Learn how to become powerful and unstoppable by having the right knowledge. We unknowingly wield immense power. We must recognize the fantastic power we possess and learn to use it constructively.
Here and now, we have the power to work magic of such proportions we have never fathomed. Yet unseized, such power waits for us to claim it. It is of no use until we awaken to it.
After reducing U.S. fossil fuel dependence by age 18, I set out on a more important goal. I imagined myself in the future having achieved my mission to liberate humanity.
The Dragon Slayer was a fictional book with a nonfiction message.
Something far more hideous than a fleshed-out dragon appeared. My thoughts saved me however, and I proved the concepts work.
The prophecy put forth in the Dragon Slayer book has been fulfilled.
The Real Sources Of Wealth
The former presidents businesses generally fall into five categories: hotels, golf courses , condos, residential and commercial real-estate rentals, and payments for the licensing of Trumps name.
The New York Times articles unleashed a major new source of information, besides confirming that Donald Trumps disclosed income numbers were actually revenue figures.
The numbers also show that companies owned by Trump were incredibly unprofitable for the period between 2000 and 2018. His real sources of income were a television show and some licensing deals.
Although certain enterprises such as Trump Tower have been profitable, Trump businesses overall lost $174.5 million from 2000â2018. During the same period of time, his net income from licensing and endorsement deals was $230 million, his net income from The Apprentice television show was $197.3 million, and his income from other investments in companies run by other people was $178.7 million.
Recommended Reading: How To Contact President Trump Directly
Restoring American Leadership Abroad
Restored Americas leadership in the world and successfully negotiated to ensure our allies pay their fair share for our military protection.
- Secured a $400 billion increase in defense spending from NATO allies by 2024, and the number of members meeting their minimum obligations more than doubled.
- Worked to reform and streamline the United Nations and reduced spending by $1.3 billion.
- Allies, including Japan and the Republic of Korea, committed to increase burden-sharing.
- Protected our Second Amendment rights by announcing the United States will never ratify the UN Arms Trade Treaty.
- Returned 56 hostages and detainees from more than 24 countries.
- Worked to advance a free and open Indo-Pacific region, promoting new investments and expanding American partnerships.
Advanced peace through strength.
Renewed our cherished friendship and alliance with Israel and took historic action to promote peace in the Middle East.
Stood up against Communism and Socialism in the Western Hemisphere.
Tax Relief For The Middle Class
Passed $3.2 trillion in historic tax relief and reformed the tax code.
- Signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act the largest tax reform package in history.
- More than 6 million American workers received wage increases, bonuses, and increased benefits thanks to the tax cuts.
- A typical family of four earning $75,000 received an income tax cut of more than $2,000 slashing their tax bill in half.
- Doubled the standard deduction making the first $24,000 earned by a married couple completely tax-free.
- Doubled the child tax credit.
- Virtually eliminated the unfair Estate Tax, or Death Tax.
- Cut the business tax rate from 35 percent the highest in the developed world all the way down to 21 percent.
- Small businesses can now deduct 20 percent of their business income.
- Businesses can now deduct 100 percent of the cost of their capital investments in the year the investment is made.
- Since the passage of tax cuts, the share of total wealth held by the bottom half of households has increased, while the share held by the top 1 percent has decreased.
- Over 400 companies have announced bonuses, wage increases, new hires, or new investments in the United States.
- Over $1.5 trillion was repatriated into the United States from overseas.
- Lower investment cost and higher capital returns led to faster growth in the middle class, real wages, and international competitiveness.
Jobs and investments are pouring into Opportunity Zones.
Don’t Miss: Is Trump Running In The 2020 Election
Did Trump Damage American Democracy
Did Trump permanently damage American democracy? This question has spawned a veritable cottage industry of hand wringing over the state of American democracyunderstandably so. Never before have we had a president who schemed to overturn legitimate election results, who attacked the press and the civil servants who worked for him, who admired dictators, who blatantly profited from his public office and who repeatedly lied to the public for his own selfish purposes. But while Trumps four years of rhetoric have been a shock to democratic norms, did they inflict permanent damage on our democracy? My answer is a qualified no. The guardrails of democracy held. The institutions designed to check autocracy are intact.
Successful democratic systems are not designed for governments composed of ethical men and women who are only interested in the public good. If leaders were always virtuous there would be no need for checks and balances. The Founding Fathers understood this. They designed a system to protect minority points of view and to protect us from leaders inclined to lie, cheat and steal. Fortunately, we havent had many of those in our 200-plus years of history, which is why the Trump presidency sent such shock waves through a large part of the body politic.
Did Trump weaken the powers of Congress? No.